Efficient Dentistry in Rochester
Dr. Calcagno, Dr. Voltidi, and Dr. Brodersen respect your time, and that’s why they are constantly exploring ways to make your dental visits shorter and more efficient. From pursuing continuing education opportunities to investing in advanced technology, Dr. Calcagno, Dr. Voltidi, and Dr. Brodersen put in the extra time so you don’t have to. One of the ways they can save you time in the dental chair is by placing single-day crowns in just one office visit. One of just a few dentists in Rochester offering CEREC restorations, Dr. Calcagno, Dr. Voltidi, and Dr. Brodersen have vast experience in this revolutionary technology and are excited to share it with their patients.
Benefits of CEREC Single-Day Crowns
Traditional crowns typically require two office visits. At your first appointment, Dr. Calcagno, Dr. Voltidi, and Dr. Brodersen will shape and prepare your tooth for the restoration, then make an impression of your teeth to be sent to a dental lab. Construction of your crown can take a week or longer, and you will need to wear a temporary crown while you are waiting. However, with single-day crowns, your Rochester family dentist can prepare your tooth, construct your crown, and place it in your mouth, all within the span of a couple of hours. With the advantages of CEREC single-day crowns, you can enjoy a wide variety of benefits, including:
- Highly esthetic, biocompatible, and long-lasting restorations in one appointment.
- No gooey impressions that can irritate your gag reflex.
- Improved comfort and experiences with the help of advanced technology and equipment.
- No temporary crown needed.
- No second visit to complete your restoration.
- A comfortable, realistic fit that blends in as well as a healthy, natural tooth.
- High accuracy to minimize adjustments and the time spent in the dentist’s chair.
- In-house design and fabrication of your crown by Dr. Calcagno and Dr. Brodersen.
- Strong, tooth-colored ceramic that effectively covers and protects your tooth.
- Optimal preservation of your natural, healthy tooth structure.
Revolutionary CEREC Crowns in Rochester, MN
The CEREC process is similar to placement of a conventional crown, starting with Dr. Calcagno, Dr. Voltidi, and Dr. Brodersen shaping your tooth for optimal crown fit. However, instead of taking an uncomfortable dental impression, they will simply take 3-D pictures of your tooth and allow CEREC CAD-CAM technology to generate a proposal for your new restoration. With Dr. Calcagno, Dr. Voltidi, or Dr. Brodersen’s input and final approval, your all-porcelain crown is milled in the office within minutes. The final step is to bond your perfect fitting crown to your tooth.
Is a Same-Day Dental Crown Possible?
With our innovative CEREC system, we can make your crown placement even more convenient by completing the process in a single day! To find out if you’re a good candidate for a same-day dental crown, schedule a consultation by calling Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry today at (507) 281-3659. Conveniently located in Rochester, MN, our office also welcomes patients who live in Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, Austin, and all surrounding communities.