A dental emergency is any pain or injury to the teeth or gums that can’t wait until normal office hours. Now, if the situation is potentially life threatening, then proceed to the nearest emergency room or call 911. Otherwise, let us know!
Try Our Quiz on Dental Emergencies
- True or False: We have a button on our site for emergency services.
- True or False: You can reduce swelling and bleeding before you arrive.
- True or False: If you knock out a tooth, bring it with you!
- True or False: A toothache can require attention.
- True. When go to our website, you will see a button for emergency services. Just click this, and the next page will include places for you to provide a few more details. We will then contact you quickly to find a time to see you and recommend a solution.
- True. If you chip or damage a tooth, you can apply a cold compress to the side of the face to reduce swelling and use gauze to stem any bleeding. You can also take an over-the-counter pain reliever to ease discomfort as you head to the office. If you chip a tooth, try to recover any pieces of the tooth and bring them with you. If you can’t, that’s okay, we can still repair it.
- True. Pick it up by the crown, not the root. Try to gently rinse away any dirt or foreign debris, but leave any tissue attached. You can then place the tooth back into the socket and gently bite down to hold it in place, or put the tooth in a glass of milk and bring it with you.
- True. If you experience a sudden and painful toothache, this could be a sign of a problem. We suggest seeing our team to find out if your ache is an indicator of decay or infection that requires treatment.
Do You Need Emergency Care?
We have weekend and evening hours, as well as emergency care, you offer treatment when you need it! For more information about our treatments, from Invisalign braces to dental implants, contact our team today. Schedule a consultation by calling Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry in Rochester, MN, today at (507) 281-3659.