We often have patients ask us if Invisalign can help them obtain a more even and beautiful smile. We can use aligners to correct misalignment for patients of all ages, improving not only their smile’s appearance, but their overall oral health as well. Do you wonder if Invisalign is the right choice for you?
Try Our Quiz on Invisalign®
- True or False: Clear aligners can help children, teens, and adults.
- True or False: The aligners will be custom-made for each patient.
- True or False: They are removable (but still need to be worn as the dentist recommends).
- True or False: Treatment can last as little as a year.
- True. They aren’t just limited to helping adults. We can use aligners to correct misalignment in children as young as seven, and in teens and older children as well. To see if clear aligners are the best choice, we will examine your smile to assess the cause and severity of your misalignment. From there, we can choose the best orthodontic solution.
- True. We take detailed digital impressions of your teeth, as well as digital x-rays. At an Invisalign lab, experts use these materials to design and create a series of aligners from a BPA-free plastic material. They will fit comfortably and be barely visible when worn.
- True. You can take them out for meals and before brushing and flossing our teeth. Which means you don’t need to alter your diet and avid certain foods during treatment and that cleaning your teeth will be much easier. However, be sure you’re wearing them for the amount of time the dentist recommends, which is typically 20 to 23 hours per day.
- True. For adults, treatment typically takes a year. Since younger patients still have jaws that are growing and developing, treatment may take around 18 months.
Do You Need Invisalign?
At Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry, we have treatments available to help you enjoy a straighter smile in as little as a year. To schedule a consultation, please call (507) 281-3659. Dr. Gilly Calcagno and our staff proudly welcome patients from Rochester, MN, as well as Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, Austin, and all surrounding communities.