Our teeth are very strong and coated in tooth enamel, a protective layer that is the hardest substance in the human body. Unfortunately, this doesn’t mean our teeth are immune to damage. When an injury occurs, you may need an emergency dental appointment. In today’s quiz, we’re going to discuss our emergency services for damaged or aching teeth!
Try Our Quiz on Emergency Dental Appointments
- True or False: We’re available to help you outside normal business hours.
- True or False: You may take steps to alleviate discomfort in route to see us.
- True or False: If you knock out a tooth, you should bring it with you.
- True. You can call our office or click the “Schedule an Emergency Appointment” button on our homepage. If you click the button, you’ll be directed to a page to provide details about your injury, which can help us prepare for your arrival and schedule your visit. In addition, we do offer weekend and evening hours, so we do have greater availability to see you within our normal business hours.
- True. If you have a toothache, an object caught between your tooth, or a damaged tooth, you can take an over-the-counter pain reliever. You can also place a cold compress against the side of the face to reduce swelling.
- True. If you knock out a tooth, then you need to pick it up by the crown, don’t touch the root! You place the tooth back into the socket, or in a glass of milk or salt water, and then bring it to the office with you. If you have any questions about our emergency dental services, then please contact our team today!
Ready to Have Your Teeth Cleaned?
Dr. Calcagno and our team can use preventive dentistry to help you enjoy a healthier smile. We can provide care for patients of all ages, so bring your family! For more information about our treatments, from Invisalign braces to dental implants, contact our team today. Schedule a consultation by calling Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry in Rochester, MN, today at (507) 281-3659.