Despite being coated in the hardest substance in the human body, tooth enamel, our teeth can still become chipped or broken. When a tooth develops damage, treatment is needed to return the tooth to full function and health. If you break a tooth, see us as soon as possible!
Try Our Quiz on Repairing Broken Teeth
- True or False: A broken tooth can become decayed or infected.
- True or False: We can repair it with bonding.
- True or False: Our team can place a crown in one visit.
- True or False: You should try and bring any pieces with you.
- True. A broken tooth means bacteria can bypass the protective layers of enamel and reach the inner dentin, where a cavity can form (and the risk of an infection increases). We suggest seeing us right away so we can restore the tooth before this occurs, protecting your smile from the onset of oral health issues.
- True. Dental bonding involves the use of composite resin, the same material we use for metal-free fillings. The resin can be shaded to match your tooth and once applied, can be molded by the dentist for a natural appearance. Placement only takes one visit!
- True. A crown fits over the entire visible portion of your tooth. The restoration protects the tooth form infection and decay. We use ceramic to ensure the crown looks natural and is very durable. With CEREC technology, we can create and place the finished restoration in the same visit.
- True. Once your break a tooth, bring any pieces with you to the office. In addition, you can apply a cold compress to the side of the face to reduce swelling.
Do You Have a Damaged Tooth?
Dr. Calcagno and our team can help you obtain a healthier smile and restore your damaged tooth. We can provide care for patients of all ages, so bring your family! For more information about our treatments, from Invisalign braces to dental implants, contact our team today. Schedule a consultation by calling Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry in Rochester, MN, today at (507) 281-3659.