How often do you see the dentist for a routine dental checkup? In many cases, people are simply unaware of how much they need a dental exam. The most routine procedures are often the most valuable for safeguarding your smile and maintaining good oral health.
Try Our Quiz on Dental Exams
- True or False: You should have an exam every six months.
- True or False: We use advanced technology to look for signs of trouble.
- True or False: Uncovering issues in the early stages is important.
- True or False: We will also clean your teeth in the same visit.
- True. We and the American Dental Association agree: Patients of all ages need to have their teeth examined once every six months. Putting off an exam can potentially allow a serious issue to develop, such as decay or gum disease.
- True. We will use digital x-rays to obtain a clear and precise look at your smile underneath the gums. We will also employ DIAGNOdent technology to identify the presence of decay in the earliest possible stages, treating the issue before the patient encounters any discomfort. Finally, intraoral cameras allow us to make digital impressions and take detailed digital pictures of your teeth and gums.
- True. Early diagnosis can increase the chances of full recovery. We can treat decay before you experience aches or pain, we can reverse gingivitis to prevent the onset of gum disease, and should we uncover signs of oral cancer, we can help refer you to a doctor to begin treatment.
- True. During the same visit, we will clean your teeth and remove plaque buildup from the teeth. Doing so brightens teeth, freshens breath, and reduces the risk of oral health problems. If you have any questions about our dental exams, then contact our office today.
Ready for an Exam?
We can use a checkup to assess your smile’s overall health. For more information about our treatments, from Invisalign braces to dental implants, contact our team today. Schedule a consultation by calling Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry in Rochester, MN, today at (507) 281-3659.