If you’ve recently undergone teeth whitening or a similar procedure designed to remove discoloration, you’re probably feeling proud of your new smile. You’re probably also wondering how you can keep your teeth bright. What steps can you take to prevent future discoloration and ensure your new results last? How do you keep your teeth white?
Try Our Quiz on Maintaining Bright Teeth
- True or False: What you eat or drink can cause discoloration.
- True or False: You can save your trays and remaining gel for touch ups.
- True or False: Brushing and flossing will help.
- True or False: A dental cleaning can remove plaque.
- True. Drinks with dark pigments, such as soda, coffee, fruit juice, and tea, can lead to stains on your teeth. Foods high in sugar and other starches can leave behind particles for bacteria to break down, leading to plaque buildup and more apparent teeth stains. However, drinking more water and eating more fresh fruit and vegetables can help your smile remain bright and healthy.
- True. After treatment, you can keep your trays and you will likely have some bleaching gel left. In a few months, as factors lead to the onset of teeth stains, you can sue the trays and remaining gel to help brighten your smile a little more.
- True. When you brush and floss your teeth, you remove food particles and reduce the severity of plaque buildup. As a result, your teeth can stay a little brighter in between treatments. You should brush your teeth two times each day and floss every night before going to bed.
- True. Every six months you should see the dentist for a routine dental cleaning. This procedure can completely remove plaque from the surface of the teeth, helping your teeth remain bright while also protecting your smile from cavities and gum disease.
Do You Want to Keep Your Smile Bright?
Our team can use cosmetic dentistry and preventive care to keep your teeth bright. For more information about our treatments, from Invisalign braces to dental implants, contact our team today. Schedule a consultation by calling Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry in Rochester, MN, today at (507) 281-3659.