Do you have stained teeth? We understand how preferable a bright smile can be. At Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry, we can whiten teeth and remove discoloration. How exactly do we whiten teeth? We have a number of cosmetic procedures designed to help remove teeth stains.
Try Our Teeth Whitening Quiz
- True or False: Multiple factors can lead to tooth stains.
- True or False: We can brighten smiles from home.
- True or False: Bonding can mask permanent stains.
- True or False: We can address discoloration with veneers.
- True. Smoking, injury to the tooth, tetracycline use, and fluorosis can all lead to teeth stains. However, the most common causes are the foods and drinks we consume. Drinks containing dark pigments (soda, tea, red wine, coffee) can lead to stains. Foods high in sugar can promote plaque buildup, which also leads to discoloration.
- True. After an initial office treatment, we send you home with a set of trays and a bleaching gel. At home, you will fill the trays with gel and wear them for between one and two hours each day. The total treatment takes about a week to ten days and can lift serious discoloration from the surface of the teeth.
- True. If you have discoloration that doesn’t respond to teeth whitening, then we may suggest bonding. We can use composite resin to mask stains, particularly for the teeth in the rear of the mouth.
- True. While we may use bonding for stains on the rear teeth, veneers are more lifelike and preferred for the front of the teeth. We use a thin restoration to mask the stains. We can also use them to reshape the teeth and address a number of different cosmetic treatments. If you have any questions or concerns, then please contact our office today.
Interested in Whitening Your Teeth?
Give our team a call if you would like to enjoy a brighter smile. We can decide which cosmetic treatments will best improve the beauty of your smile. Schedule a consultation by calling Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry in Rochester, MN, today at (507) 281-3659.