You have a variety of options when it comes to replacing one or more missing teeth. You can choose a dental bridge or even a full or partial denture. However, dental implants provide a longer lasting and more esthetically pleasing replacement option. Why should you choose dental implants? What other factors elevate this option over other common prosthetics?
Try Our Quiz on Choosing Dental Implants
- True or False: They can last a lifetime.
- True or False: Placing them can prevent facial collapse.
- True or False: We use lifelike materials to create the restorations.
- True or False: Dental implants are easy to care for.
- True. With proper care and attention your new tooth can last a lifetime in many cases. Traditional bridges and dentures often require replacement or adjustment every few years. The new tooth is actually inserted into the jawbone, bonding with the bone tissue and acting like a natural tooth, which allows it to last significantly longer than other prosthetic options.
- True. In addition to lasting for many years, they also stimulate the growth of jawbone tissue. As a result, the jaw doesn’t degrade as it would typically do after losing a tooth. As a result, you don’t run the risk of developing facial collapse and an older appearance.
- True. Each implant is topped with a restoration. We use a custom-made dental crown made from natural looking ceramic material. The crown will blend with the smile and can also withstand the forces and pressures of chewing.
- True. You care for them as you would a natural tooth. You should brush your teeth twice a day and floss once a day. You should also make time to see the dentist every six months for a checkup and cleaning. These visits and preventive measures help safeguard the new tooth against plaque and periodontal issues, increasing the chances of your tooth lasting a lifetime.
If you would like to learn more about receiving dental implants, then schedule a consultation by calling Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry in Rochester, MN, today at (507) 281-3659.