If you have issues with the shape of your teeth, don’t just avoid smiling. Instead, talk to our team. We can provide a free cosmetic consultation to see if you might benefit from one of our procedures, such as dental contouring and bonding. Does your tooth need contouring?
Try Our Dental Contouring Quiz
- True or False: Contouring can be completed in a single visit.
- True or False: We can address several issues with the shape of the tooth.
- True or False: In the same visit, we may perform a bonding procedure.
- True or False: Bonding uses the same material we employ in out fillings.
- True. Treatment involves gently buffing away a small layer of outer tooth structure in order to reshape the tooth. The entire procedure can be completed in a single sitting and often doesn’t even require the use of anesthesia.
- True. We may use this procedure to blunt overly pointed teeth, or to remove any pits or grooves in the surface of the teeth. We can also reshape malformed or damaged teeth as well.
- True. Bonding involves applying multiple layers of a composite resin to the tooth, which cures under light. The bonding procedure can be used to repair chipped teeth, mask permanent forms of discoloration, and close any gaps between the teeth. As with contouring, the entire procedure can be done in the same sitting.
- True. We use the same material to provide a metal-free alternative to dental fillings. After removing decay, we clean the tooth and apply the composite resin. If necessary, we shape the tooth under a curing light. Finally, we polish the tooth for a natural looking appearance. If you have any questions abut any of our other procedures, then contact our office today.