If you lose a tooth we suggest seeing our team right away. We believe in addressing tooth loss right away, as prolonging treatment can often allow serious complications to develop. In addition to common replacement options, such as bridges or dentures, we also offer a more advanced and longer lasting one with dental implants. There are a number of reasons to consider replacing your missing teeth with dental implants.
Reasons to Consider Dental Implants
- They Look Natural: Each implant is topped with a custom-made restoration. The restoration is dental crown created to mimic the appearance of surrounding teeth. In addition to a lifelike appearance, the crown can also withstand powerful bite forces and pressures, allowing you to eat as your did prior to losing your tooth.
- They Last Longer Than Other Prosthetics: A bridge can last between 10 and 15 years, a denture between 5 and 10 years. Both options require periodic adjustment or replacement as the mouth changes shape. However, with proper care and attention a dental implant can potentially last a lifetime.
- They Prevent Facial Collapse: Part of the reason they last so long is because they stimulate jawbone growth. This prevents the mouth from changing shape. Not only does your prosthetic last longer, but you also avoid facial collapse. With facial collapse, you develop a significantly older appearance due to the loss of jawbone tissue.
- They Allow You to Eat a Greater Variety of Foods: You don’t need to eat soft foods only. If you have lost several teeth, implants can help restore your smile and allow you to eat a greater variety of foods. You will also be able to communicate more clearly.
- We can Use Them to Secure Fixed Dentures: If you have lost most or all of your teeth, we can place multiple implants to secure a fixed prosthetic. You can enjoy a full row of lifelike teeth without worrying about slippage during meals or speech.