At Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry, we can help you achieve a straighter smile by addressing both minor and severe misalignment. Instead of using braces, we can correct the issue with a series of clear aligners. Invisalign offers a number of benefits for patients, from appearance to shorter treatment periods.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Barely Visible: Metal braces are pretty obvious and hard to hide, but our aligners are made from BPA-free clear plastic. As a result, they will be practically invisible when you wear them. You will need to wear them all day and night, about 20 to 23 hours a day. Every two weeks or so you will upgrade to a new set as your smile is slowly and carefully repositioned.
- Comfortable: Many people find the aligners a much more comfortable experience than the metal orthodontics. The aligners typically don’t cause the gum and cheek irritation people often complain about with metal brackets and arch wires.
- Makes Eating and Dental Maintenance Easier: With braces, you need to avoid hard or sticky foods to prevent them from becoming stuck in your orthodontics or damaging them. However, you can remove the Invisalign aligners before meals, allowing you to eat as you always have. In addition, removable aligners will make brushing and flossing your teeth much easier, improving overall oral health.
- Helps Patients of All Ages: We can recommend the aligners for young children, teens, and adults. We will examine your smile to see if this is the best option for you.
- Shorter Treatment Periods: In most cases, races require 18 months to two years to treat misalignment. However, Invisalign often corrects misalignment in about a year. However, teens may require up to 18 months, depending in the severity of their alignment problems.