When receiving a new tooth people often worry about the appearance of their prosthetic. Will their dental implant look natural? Will people be able to tell if the tooth isn’t natural? The reason we’re so proud to offer implants is due to their strength, durability, and lifelike appearance.
Try Our Dental Implant Quiz
- True or False: Each one is topped with a custom-made restoration.
- True or False: They are inserted into the jawbone, acting like a natural tooth root.
- True or False: Implants preserve jawbone tissue.
- True or False: We can also use them to support dentures.
- True. The visible portion of the implant is created with a restoration. For a single tooth option, we will place a custom-made dental crown. Using CEREC technology, we can design and fabricate a crown in a single visit. The new restoration looks natural and contains stain-resistant properties. We then place them to replace the visible portion of your new tooth.
- True. The implant portion is surgically inserted into the jawbone, bonding with the jaw and acting like a natural root. As a result, the new tooth looks natural and can last significantly longer than other prosthetics. In fact, with proper care and attention your new tooth can potentially last a lifetime.
- True. When you lose a tooth, the body suspends the flow of calcium and phosphorus to the jawbone, causing the bone tissue to dissolve, leading to a greater risk of facial collapse and additional tooth loss. However, an implant can stimulate the growth of jawbone tissue, preserving your facial structure.
- True. We can place multiple implants into the jawbone to support a fixed denture that doesn’t slip or require removal for cleaning. If you have any questions about replacing missing teeth, please contact our office today.