We work with oral surgeons to help place dental implants. However, our office uses advanced technology and lifelike materials to create and place a restoration. How are dental implants restored? How do we make sure your new tooth looks natural and blends seamlessly with your smile?
Try Our Dental Implant Restoration Quiz
- True or False: Each implant is custom-made.
- True or False: We place them after the jaw heals.
- True or False: Your new tooth can last a lifetime.
- True or False: We can address minor and severe cases of tooth loss.
- True. The restoration that tops the implant acts as the visible portion of your new tooth. Each one will be custom-made to ensure it blends with your smile. Typically in the form of a dental crown, we create them using a ceramic material. Ceramic is stain-resistant, lifelike, and can withstand powerful bite forces. Using CEREC technology, we can create and place them in a single visit.
- True. After an oral surgeon places the implant we will need to wait about three to six months for the area to heal. During this process, the jawbone and implant bond, ensuring your new tooth is anchored like a natural one. The process also stimulates jawbone growth, preventing the loss of jawbone density that often follows tooth loss.
- True. While bridges and dentures often need adjustment or replacement after a decade, implants can last a lifetime. You simply care for them as you would a natural tooth, brushing, flossing, and seeing the dentist every six months for a checkup and cleaning.
- True. We can replace a single lost tooth or provide a full, fixed prosthetic. If you have any questions about tooth replacement then contact our team today.