At Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry, we like to take time each week in our blog to highlight fun upcoming events taking place in the community. There is always something for everyone, from kids to adults. Take a break from this stressful and seemingly never ending election to celebrate our wonderful community.
- Children’s Dance Theatre Fundraiser: On November 6th you can attend the Children’s Dance Theatre Fundraiser at 14th 4 Street SW at Bleu Duck Kitchen. There will be food and wine at the city’s latest farm-to-table restaurant. There will also be a silent auction and a string ensemble. Proceeds go to the Children’s Dance Theatre.
- Writing Short: The Rochester Public Library will be hosting a short story class on November 7th. The library is located at 101 2nd Street SE. You can register online 507-328-2309.
- Origami Club: The Rochester Public Library will be hosting an Origami Club on November 6th. The club meets for an hour each month and welcomes beginners and experts. The library is located at 1-1 2nd Street SE.
- WIT: The Rochester Civic Theatre Company will be performing Margaret Edson’s WIT on Sunday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. The pay won the 1999 Pulitzer Prize for Drama and the Lucille Lortel Award for Nest Play. This will also be the inaugural production for the Civic Theatre’s new Studio Theatre. The play follows an English professor’s humorous and transformative response to a terminal ovarian cancer diagnosis.
- Historic Mayowood Mansion Christmas Tour: From November 6th until December 11th you can enjoy a Christmas-theme tour of the Historic Mayowood Mansion every Sunday. The mansion is located at 3720 Mayowood Road SW. There will be no tours on Thanksgiving and to reserve tickets please contact the History Center in advance.