The appearance of your smile is important. Many of our patients feel a beautiful smile can be a source of renewed confidence. However, receiving a restoration can make a patient feel nervous. Patients often wonder how the restoration will impact their appearance. Fortunately, we can place natural looking dental crowns to restore teeth.
Quiz: Do Dental Crowns Look Natural?
- True or False: They can reshape the tooth.
- True or False: We can create and place them in one visit.
- True or False: We make them from lifelike ceramic.
- True or False: They can last for decades.
- True. The crown fits over the entire visible portion of the tooth, unlike crowns, inlays, or onlays, which target specific portions of the surface. As a result, we can use them to fix cracked or chipped teeth, repair infected teeth, address advanced tooth decay, and reshape malformed teeth. We can also help replace lost teeth by anchoring dental bridges in place or restoring dental implants.
- True. We can use CEREC technology to make receiving crowns a one visit solution. CAD/CAM technology allows the doctor to prepare the teeth, design the restoration, and then mill the tooth from a solid block of ceramic. The doctor can then place it with a powerful bonding agent in the same visit.
- True. Ceramic not only mimics the appearance of natural tooth enamel, but the material is also stain-resistant and very strong. The material is also metal-free, which means the restorations are safe for children, seniors, pregnant women, and people with metal allergies.
- True. With proper care and attention your restoration can last for a very long time. You should have your teeth cleaned and examined once every six months. You also need to brush and floss daily. Caring for your smile can help protect your natural teeth and your new restorations.