Do you have questions about Invisalign®? Many people with uneven smiles inquire about using clear aligners to enjoy a straighter smile. Does anyone qualify for this treatment? What makes an Invisalign candidate? We can use today’s quiz to help you better understand what a dentist looks for before prescribing clear braces.
Invisalign Candidate Quiz
- True or False: Patient should be over the age of 16.
- True or False: The state of misalignment impacts candidacy.
- True or False: We can provide an initial examination.
- True or False: Dr. Calcagno is an Invisalign Premier Preferred Provider.
- True. We recommend treatment for people with jaws that have stopped growing and developing, as this would impact treatment. As a result, candidates are usually over the age of 16.
- True. Very serious cases of malocclusion are often best handled with metal braces. However, more minor cases are perfect for clear aligners.
- True. During the exam, we will discuss your goals for your smile. We can then examine your teeth, gums, and jaw using intraoral cameras and digital x-rays. Technology will allow our team to obtain a detailed view of your oral health. We can then decide if Invisalign is the best choice for correcting your misalignment. Remember, an even smile means a lower risk of tooth decay, gingivitis or gum disease, TMJ disorder, or even teeth grinding (also known as bruxism).
- True. Dr. Calcagno was recently award the distinction of being one of the few Invisalign Premier Preferred Providers in the state. This status means Dr. Calcagno has continuously helped many people obtain more even, healthier smiles with clear aligners. If you have any question about clear aligners, then contact our office today.