Do you suffer from misalignment? If so, then you may be embarrassed about your smile’s appearance or even experience a greater risk of common oral health concerns. However, we can help correct misalignment using a unique and barely visible orthodontic treatment. Invisalign uses clear aligners to straighten smiles. Are you ready for clear aligners? How does the treatment work?
Try Our Clear Aligners Quiz
- True or False: You should be over the age of 16.
- True or False: We recommend patients have minor alignment issues.
- True or False: We will examine your smile to see if you’re ready for clear aligners.
- True or False: The aligners will be custom-made.
- True. We recommend patients who wear the aligners be 16 and older, otherwise the jaw is still growing and changing, which impacts treatment. Otherwise, Invisalign can help both teens and adults obtain a straighter smile.
- True. Invisalign is designed to address more minor cases of misalignment, providing barely noticeable orthodontic treatment. However, for patients with severe malocclusion traditional metal braces may still be the best option for achieving a more even smile.
- True. We will use advanced technology, including digital x-rays and intraoral cameras, to obtain a detailed and accurate view of your smile. From there, we can decide which orthodontic treatment will best address your misalignment.
- True. Once we decide you can benefit from the plastic aligners we will take impressions, x-rays, and photographs of your smile. These materials will be sent to the Invisalign lab, where they will be used in the design and fabrication of your aligners. Once complete, you will receive a series of custom-made aligners that fit comfortably and help correct your misalignment. If you have any questions about your readiness for clear aligners, then please contact our office today.