If you’ve lost one or more teeth, then you need a tooth replacement. At Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry, we offer an advanced means of replacing missing teeth with implant technology. We can offer a lifelike and long lasting tooth replacement to restore your ability to eat and speak without difficulty, as well as the opportunity to enjoy a whole smile again.
Try Our Bonding and Contouring Quiz
- True or False: Tooth loss can cause facial collapse.
- True or False: Dental implants can stimulate jawbone growth.
- True or False: They look natural and blend with your smile.
- True or False: A dental implant can last for a lifetime.
- True. Facial collapse happens when the jawbone is deprived of nutrients and begins to deteriorate. This can happen once the body registers the loss of a tooth root and stops supplying the surrounding jawbone with doses of calcium and phosphorus. Facial collapse can lead to an older appearance.
- True. Since dental implants are made from biocompatible titanium the body recognizes them as natural tooth roots. As a result, calcium and phosphorus are once again sent to the jawbone, stimulating jawbone growth and halting facial collapse. You can maintain a while smile and your current facial structure.
- True. Once the implant heals and bonds with the jawbone we will add a restoration to the implant. Made from a dental crown, the restoration is designed to look natural and blend seamlessly with your smile. If you have lost several teeth, we can place multiple posts to support a lifelike, fixed prosthetic.
- True. With proper care your new tooth can last a lifetime, just as long as a natural tooth potentially can. However, you will need to see the dentist about once every six months for checkups and cleanings. You will also need to take better care of your smile at home, brushing and flossing as recommended.