If you have problem with the shape of your teeth you probably assume a restoration is needed. While crowns and veneers can be used to change the shape of the tooth, we also offer cost-effective alternatives. With contouring and bonding, we can transform the tooth in a single visit. How does contouring work?
Try Our Dental Contouring Quiz
- True or False: The procedure helps reshape a tooth.
- True or False: We can use the procedure to fix surface issues.
- True or False: We can also perform bonding in the same procedure.
- True or False: We offer a free cosmetic consultation.
- True. With contouring, we gently buff away small layers of the outer enamel to reshape and improve the appearance of the tooth. The entire procedure only takes one visit, which works well for people with busy schedules. The procedure can also act as a more affordable alternative to veneers or crowns in some cases.
- True. If you have pits or grooves in the surface of the teeth we can buff them away with this procedure.
- True. We often perform bonding and contouring in the same visit. Bonding also helps reshape teeth. We apply several layers of composite resin after we gently etch the tooth’s surface. The material is then sculpted as it cures under a light. We can use the procedure to repair chipped teeth, mask permanent teeth stains, and even close gaps between the teeth.
- True. If you have issues with the shade or shape of your teeth, then contact our team. We offer a free cosmetic consultation for our patients. The doctor will examine your smile to decide which procedure will best improve the appearance of your teeth.