At Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry, we like to take time in our blogs to discuss upcoming events in the community. With the month of August here a lot is happening. In fact, for our younger patients this also the month they return to school. Remember to see your dentist before the year starts for your checkup and cleaning!
Community Events in Rochester, MN
- Dogs Downtown: Clements Subaru will be presenting Dogs Downtown on Sunday, August 7th from 11am until 3pm at the Peace Plaza. The event features activities, games, and giveaways for dogs. The event is free and open to everyone.
- Book Bike: The BookBike will be visiting Slatterly Park on Monday, August 8th at 10am. You can check out books, get your own library card, visit with friends, and find out about upcoming library events. You can also visit the Rochester Public Library at 101 2nd Street SE. For more information, call 507-328-2309.
- Free Summer Movies: Paragon Chateau Theatres will be hosting Free Summer Movies until August 18th. The free movies are screened on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at 10am and are first come, first serve. This week, the movie will be Home.
- Fossil Hunting: You and your family can enjoy fossil hunting in Fillmore County on Saturday August 13th from 12:30pm until 5:30pm. Beverly Sandlin will be the instructor. Admission for the event is $40 per person. At Whispering Winds and Spring Valley you will see ancient sea creature fossils. You will then be taken to the Eagle Bluff Environmental Learning Center to visit two or three sites and collect your own fossils. Please bring a bag to carry your fossils. Please wear eye protection if you plan on using a hammer.
- Night Hike: Chester Woods Park will be hosting a Night Hike on Saturday, August 13th. You will need a $5 day pass or $25 annual car pass to partake. You can call 506-287-2624 for more details.