Are you tired of seeing a smile stained with brown or yellow discoloration? Are you ready for a brighter smile? We understand how important a beautiful smile is to our patients, both young and old. In fact, we offer a number of cosmetic procedures designed to remove discoloration and help you achieve a brighter smile.
Try Our Quiz on Cosmetic Dentistry
- True or False: A cleaning helps keep smiles bright.
- True or False: Teeth whitening removes discoloration.
- True or False: We can hide stained teeth with veneers.
- True or False: Dental bonding can mask discoloration in one visit.
- True. Every six months you should allow a dentist or dental hygienist to clean your teeth, removing plaque buildup and polishing them. The procedure helps limit the risk of tooth decay and gum disease. In addition, your smile can appear brighter.
- True. We can perform an initial procedure before sending you home with a set of trays and a hydrogen peroxide bleaching gel. You will wear the gel-filled trays each day for a specific amount of time. After a week to ten days you will return for a final treatment, enjoying a significantly brighter smile in many cases.
- True. Should your stains develop below the enamel, also known as intrinsic stains, you may need more than teeth whitening. If so, we can mask these stains with veneers. These are thin shells of porcelain placed onto the front of the teeth to alter their shade and shape.
- True. Another option for addressing permanent stains is dental bonding. We may recommend bonding for the teeth near the back of the mouth. In a single visit the bonding material can mask discoloration. If you have any questions about our cosmetic treatments or what you can do to obtain a brighter smile, then contact our office today.