Everything from our daily habits to the foods and drinks we consume can lead to the onset of teeth stains. Can anything be done to avoid discoloration? How can you brighten your teeth? With preventive dentistry, as well as cosmetic dentistry, you can achieve a healthier and brighter smile.
Tips for Achieving Brighter Teeth
- Brush and Floss Daily: You should be brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing once a day. Sounds simple, right? It is. Caring for your teeth helps remove food particles caught in or between teeth, reducing the risk of tooth decay and gum disease, as well as the severity of teeth stains.
- Stop Smoking: When you smoke or use any tobacco products you can cause yellow or brown stains to form on the surface of your teeth. To keep your smile bright, stop using tobacco products. In addition, these products also increase the risk of oral, lung, and throat cancer. For the health and beauty of your smile, please quit today.
- Avoid Drinks with Dark Pigments: Dark pigments can be found in coffee, soda, tea, fruit juice, and red wine. Consuming a substantial amount of these drinks can lead to stains forming on the teeth. Instead, try cutting back and adding more water to your diet instead. Water not only hydrates you, but it contains no sugars or acids, protecting your smile from stains and tooth decay.
- Attend Routine Cleanings: You should have your teeth cleaned once every six months. Not only is a cleaning the only way to completely remove plaque and tartar, but it can brighten your smile as well.
- Receive a Free Cosmetic Consultation: If you already have stained teeth then you may benefit from cosmetic dentistry. We can offer a free cosmetic consultation. The doctor will discuss your goals for your smile and then examine your teeth to see which treatment option will best address your discoloration.