We often recommend dental crowns as a solution to severe tooth decay or to help address damage or infection. However, we also believe dental crowns can serve a cosmetic purpose as well. We can use them to alter the shape and shade of your tooth, improving your smile’s appearance. In addition, our use of CEREC technology means placing one no longer requires more than one visit.
Try Our Cosmetic Dental Crown Quiz
- True or False: Dental crowns can address cosmetic issues.
- True or False: We use lifelike materials to create restorations.
- True or False: We can fabricate and place a restoration in a single visit.
- True or False: We also provide lifelike dental fillings.
- True. We can place one to reshape a damaged or malformed tooth, or address a tooth suffering from advanced tooth decay or a dental infection. We can also use them to restore single tooth dental implants or even to secure a dental bridge. Finally, they can also be used as a way to mask permanent discoloration that doesn’t respond to traditional whitening techniques.
- True. Our restorations are made from ceramic. This stain-resistant material is very strong and can also be shaded to better blend with your smile. We use the same material in the fabrication of our lifelike dental veneers.
- True. CEREC employs CAD/CAM technology, which means we can prepare the tooth and take detailed digital impressions. This information is then uploaded into a computer so the doctor can design the restoration. A machine will mill the dental crown from a solid block of ceramic. The doctor then checks the fit before placing the restoration with a powerful bonding agent. The entire process just takes one visit.
- True. We can use composite resin to create metal-free dental fillings. They look natural, are long lasting, and safe for children, the elderly, and pregnant women. You also don’t need to worry about metal allergies causing complications. As with our other restorations, the entire filling placement takes just one visit. If you have any questions about our approach to cosmetic dentistry, then contact our office today.