Dr. Calcagno believes in continuing education. By staying up-to-date on the latest advances in dentistry our office can continue to provide excellent care for our patients. Recently, Dr. Calcagno attended the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry Annual Scientific Session.
The AACD Conference
The conference is held annually; this year the session took place in Toronto. Dental professionals from around the world gather together to network, attend education classes, and see exhibits for ground breaking new products and treatments. This year, there were courses on laser dentistry, cosmetically appealing orthodontics, ceramic restorations, as well as treatment planning and tips on successful practice management.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry refers to any procedure designed to improve the esthetics of your smile. While some treatments offer restorative improvement as well, the main goal is to help you achieve a more attractive smile. We offer a number of treatment options, including:
- Teeth Whitening: We offer deep bleaching to remove discoloration from the teeth. After an initial office treatment, the patient returns home with a set of trays and a bleaching gel. After a week to ten days of wearing the trays daily for a set amount of time, the patient returns for a final office treatment. Often, teeth can be brightened by multiple shades.
- Porcelain Veneers: We can mask teeth stains with a restoration made from porcelain. Veneers are strong, lifelike, and stain-resistant. In addition to masking teeth stains, we can use this to reshape a tooth or even close gaps between teeth.
- Invisalign: Using a series of clear plastic aligners, Invisalign corrects the alignment of your smile.
- Bonding: Dental bonding involves applying a composite resin to restore a chipped tooth or close gaps between teeth. The entire procedure can be completed in a single visit.
- Six Month Smiles: Using clear brackets and tooth-colored arch wires, teeth are repositioned in just six months with the orthodontic remaining practically invisible.