How do you feel about your smile’s appearance? If you have an uneven smile, you may feel embarrassed or take steps to hide your smile. In addition, you may have an increased risk of oral health problems developing, including cavities, gum disease, TMJ disorder, and bruxism. However, we can help improve your smile with Invisalign. Are you considering smile improvement with Invisalign?
Try Our Invisalign Clear Aligners Quiz
- True or False: Patients should be over the age of 16.
- True or False: The aligners need to be worn daily.
- True or False: You can eat without difficulty.
- True or False: Treatment takes about a year.
- True. Candidates should be over the age of 16. Otherwise their mouths may still be developing, which can make treatment more difficult. In addition, we recommend this for those with more minor alignment issues. We can exam your smile carefully to decide if this is the best orthodontic solution to your misalignment.
- True. You should wear the aligners every day for between 20 and 23 hours, only removing them when you brush/floss, eat, or during special occasions. Approximately once every two weeks you will upgrade to a new set as your teeth are repositioned.
- True. You don’t need to avoid foods that would otherwise become stuck in traditional metal braces. Simply remove your aligners before you eat. In addition, being able to remove them means you can more thoroughly brush and floss during treatment.
- True. For adults, treatment typically takes about a year. Younger patients may need up to 18 months. The exact amount of time your treatment takes will depend on the cause and severity of your misalignment. If you have any questions about Invisalign then please contact our office today.