What happens when you develop a serious dental cavity? What if you end up chipping or possibly fracturing a tooth? In these situations we may recommend a dental restoration. We can actually now place them in a single visit. Do you need same day crowns?
Do You Need Same Day Crowns?
- True or False: A crown can address a number of different problems.
- True or False: They are often completely lifelike.
- True or False: We can use CEREC technology to place them in one visit.
- True or False: Your new restorations require regular care.
- True. We may place one to repair a tooth that is decayed, chipped, or even fractured. They can also complete root canal procedures or restore a dental implant. We also use them to anchor a dental bridge in place. They can aid with the repair and replacement of the teeth.
- True. We first prepare the teeth by removing a small amount of structure and taking a digital impression. This process helps ensure the completed restoration will look natural and blend with the smile. We also use lifelike materials in the construction of the restoration.
- True. After taking digital impressions with a special wand, we upload the information into a computer so the doctor can create a 3D model of the tooth. The 3D model is then uploaded into the CEREC machine, where the crown is fabricated from a solid block of ceramic, a lifelike dental material.
- True. You should continue to practice good oral hygiene in order to maintain the new restoration. You should brush and floss daily and also have your teeth cleaned once every six months. Doing so helps the restoration stay strong and your smile remain healthy. If you have any questions about our same day crowns then contact our office today.