Have you ever received a dental crown? If you have then you understand how important this restoration can be for the health of your smile. You also know that receiving one takes at least two visits, sometimes more in some cases. However, with new technology a dentist can now place a crown in just one visit. What do you know about CEREC?
CEREC Same Day Dentistry Quiz
- True or False: A crown can address multiple problems.
- True or False: Discomfort could be a sign you need a restoration.
- True or False: CEREC creates a crown in a single day.
- True or False: They will look natural.
- True. A dental crown fits over the entire visible tooth structure, shielding the tooth from damage and harmful bacteria. We can use them to repair a decayed tooth or one that develops fractures or chips. They can also reshape malformed teeth and address cosmetic problems. To replace a tooth, we may use them to secure a dental bridge and or top a single tooth dental implant.
- True. If you notice sensitive teeth or a chronic toothache then you may have a problem that requires treatment. Otherwise discomfort can increase as the tooth runs the risk of becoming infected. Don’t ignore discomfort; instead schedule a visit with your dentist for a diagnosis.
- True. CEREC is a system that uses CAD/CAM technology to allow a dentist to create and place a tooth in one visit. The restoration will be custom-made and fabricated from a solid block of ceramic, ensuring the restoration is strong and completely lifelike.
- True. Ceramic is a material that is stain restoration and offers the same translucent appearance as natural tooth enamel. As a result, the restoration can blend with the same.