Have you chipped a tooth or has one become damaged due to advanced tooth decay? If so, then you need to have your tooth repaired right away. If you have a hectic schedule and little time for multiple office visits then we can help. We have cosmetic and restorative procedures that can fix your smile in one visit, saving you time.
One Visit Repair Quiz
- True or False: Dental bonding can be performed in one visit.
- True or False: We can place a crown in one sitting.
- True or False: Bonding uses the same material as a filling.
- True or False: We use lifelike ceramic for our crowns.
- True. The procedure begins with the doctor cleansing the tooth and possibly etching the surface to allow the material to better adhere to the tooth structure. The material will be applied to the tooth and cured with a light. During this process the doctor sculpts and molds the tooth.
- True. If you have severe decay or a broken/fractured tooth, the dentist may suggest placing a crown. Using CEREC CAD/CAM technology the dentist can fabricate and place a tooth in a single visit. The doctor first prepares the tooth and takes an impression. Then images are taken of the tooth and used to create a 3D model. The CEREC machine uses the model to create a crown, which the doctor then places in the same visit.
- True. We use a composite resin, which can be shaded to blend with the tooth structure. Like fillings, they look natural and contain no metal.
- True. The crowns are made from ceramic, a material that looks natural and blends with the remaining teeth. In addition, this material is long lasting and stain-resistant. If you have any questions we urge you to contact our office today.