How do you feel about your smile’s alignment? While a straight, shining smile is optimal, many of us have teeth that crowd or overlap. Others have gaps between them. Misalignment doesn’t just affect your appearance, but the health of your smile as well. Fortunately, you can potentially straighten your smile in a year with the esthetically pleasing Invisalign system.
Try Our Quiz on the Invisalign System
- True or False: Treatment takes about a year.
- True or False: You will wear clear aligners daily.
- True or False: You can brush and floss without difficulty.
- True or False: The treatment is comfortable.
- True. On average, adults who wear the aligners require a year for treatment. However, teens and those with more serious misalignment may require up to 18 months. Either way, this is less than the 18 months to 2 years traditional braces often require for treatment.
- True. The aligners are made from clear plastic. They are created based on impressions taken of your smile. The Invisalign lab will create the series of aligners. Patients will upgrade to a new set about once every two weeks.
- True. One of the benefits is that the aligners can be removed before you brush and floss, allowing you to do so without difficulty and improving your overall oral health. In addition, this means you don’t need to avoid certain foods. You can simply remove them before you eat and enjoy the same foods you did prior to treatment.
- True. Made from plastic, the aligners are comfortable and don’t cause a lot of the gum and cheek irritation often encountered with metal braces. If you have any questions about Invisalign or would like to undergo a free cosmetic consultation to see if you qualify, contact our office today.