Misalignment not only leads to poor esthetics, but can hurt your oral health as well. In fact, many people experience an increased risk of cavities, gum problems, TMD-related issues, or even bruxism as a result of untreated misalignment. As a less noticeable alternative to braces, we offer either Invisalign or Six Month Smiles. Do you need clear braces?
5 Benefits of Clear Orthodontics
- Invisalign is barely noticeable: Made from a BPA-free plastic, the aligners are clear and as a result, barely noticeable. Many adults and teens prefer orthodontics that won’t be as visible as metal braces.
- Six Month Smiles uses less obvious orthodontics: While Six Month Smiles uses metal braces, the treatment employs tooth-colored brackets and clear arch wires to make the orthodontics less obvious. As with Invisalign, patients appreciate a more subtle approach to orthodontic treatment, one that won’t have a negative influence on a person’s professional appearance during treatment.
- Aligners are removable: The aligners aren’t fixed in place. Instead, you can remove them before a meal and before brushing/flossing. You don’t need to avoid hard or sticky foods. In addition, brushing and flossing properly becomes much easier, improving oral health and cutting back on your risk of cavities ort periodontal disease.
- Six Month Smiles corrects teeth in a matter of months: Total treatment time takes between three and six months, a fraction of the 18 months to 2 years braces often require. However, this means patients must have more minor alignment issues to qualify.
- Both teens and adults can benefit: As long as the patient has minor alignment problems and is over the age of 16, he/she may qualify. To find out if this is the case for you, schedule a free cosmetic consultation. The doctor will examine your smile to see if either of these treatments are the best choice for correcting your smile.