Often a patient needs cosmetic dentistry to improve the appearance of his/her smile, masking or correcting common esthetic concerns. With porcelain veneers, we can address a number of different visual issues, often addressing multiple ones in a single treatment. How can veneers change your smile?
Porcelain Veneers Quiz
- True or False: Veneers are made from lifelike material.
- True or False: They change the appearance of your tooth.
- True or False: Placement takes about two visits.
- True or False: They can last for decades.
- True. We use porcelain to create our dental veneers. Porcelain can offer a similar translucent appearance as natural tooth enamel. The material is also stain-resistant and very durable, providing quality restoration for decades to come.
- True. The veneers are placed onto the front of the teeth, completing changing the appearance. We can use to reshape malformed or chipped teeth. They can also mask the appearance of teeth stain and minor misalignment. We can use them to close gaps between teeth and hide other esthetic concerns.
- True. The procedure begins with preparation. The doctor will remove a thin layer of enamel from the teeth. The doctor will take impressions of the teeth. At a dental lab, the impressions will be used in the design and fabrication of the restorations. Once complete, you will return to the office so the doctor can check the fit and place them. The entire process takes just two visits to completely change the appearance of your tooth.
- True. In order to maintain your new restorations we recommend brushing and flossing your teeth daily. Doing so not only protects your smile, but your new veneers as well. We also suggest seeing the dentist for a routine checkup and dental cleaning. A visit allows the doctor to minority the restoration.