How long does fixing a tooth take? In the past you could be expected to undergo treatment that required several visits. However, we believe in offering our patients access to same day dentistry. We can now repair and reshape a tooth in a single visit. Treating your smile does not need to be a drawn out affair.
Same Day Dentistry Quiz
- True or False: Dental bonding repairs teeth in a single visit.
- True or False: CEREC allows a dentist to place a crown on one visit.
- True or False: Fixing a tooth prevents the risk of losing one.
- True or False: Same day dentistry includes preventive care.
- True. Dental bonding actually uses the same material we employ for white fillings. The composite is applied in several thin layers to the tooth. As the material is cured with a light the doctor sculpts and molds the tooth. The entire procedure can be completed in a single visit.
- True. A dental crown can be used for a variety of purposes, from reshaping a tooth to repairing decay or damage. Instead of taking two or more visits, CEREC technology allows the dentist to design, create, and then place a ceramic crown in the same visit. The resulting restoration will be durable and natural looking.
- True. If you have a broken or fractured tooth then you have a high risk of the tooth becoming infected or decayed. Without treatment, the tooth may eventually die and require extraction to stop the spread of infection. By repairing a tooth you help ensure your smile remains whole.
- True. Our office can also perform a checkup to look for signs of oral cancer, gum disease, and other health problems, and a cleaning. These preventive procedures help protect your smile and can be completed in one visit.