Are you too busy for the dentist? We understand that adults and even teens have hectic schedules, leaving little time for visits to the doctor or the dentist. In addition to evening and Saturday hours, we also provide same day dentistry. Simply put, this refers to procedures that can be completed in a single visit instead of multiple appointments.
5 Same Day Dentistry Options
- Dental Crowns: A restoration can be placed in a single visit now. In the past you would require up to two visits to complete the process. Using CAD/CAM technology, the CEREC system allows a dentist to design and fabricate a dental crown from a solid block of lifelike ceramic in a single visit. The doctor can then place the restoration and you will leave with a newly repaired tooth.
- Dental Fillings: if you have a cavity then we can place a metal-free filling. Made using a composite material, these fillings look natural and can be placed and cured in a single visit.
- Cosmetic Bonding: We use the same material as fillings, but this is designed to repair chipped or malformed teeth. We place several layers of composite onto the tooth and cure it with a light. The doctor molds the tooth as needed.
- Checkups: An obvious one, a checkup can be completed in the same visit. The doctor can monitor you oral health for changes and possible problems that require treatment. We can look for signs of tooth decay, gum disease, and even oral cancer.
- Dental Cleanings: Another part of our approach to same day dentistry, we can perform a cleaning to remove plaque buildup from the teeth. What may seem like a minor procedure can actually brighten teeth, freshen the breath, and reduce the risk of periodontal disease.