How much time do you have in your week for a single dentist visit, let alone several? Many people avoid receiving restorations or repairing damaged teeth because they don’t have time or can’t afford to miss work for several appointments. Fortunately, with same day dental treatments you don’t have to worry about this issue. How does same day dentistry work?
Same Day Dentistry Quiz
- True or False: Dental bonding can repair teeth in a single visit.
- True or False: We can place same day crowns.
- True or False: Checkups can be done in a day.
- True or False: We can clean your teeth in the same visit.
- True. Bonding is an example of our approach to same day dentistry. The treatment uses the same materials as a metal-free dental filling. Like a filling, the procedure can be completed in one visit. We use the bonding to restore lost tooth structure and mask common esthetic imperfections.
- True. Typically, receiving a crown takes between two and three visits. The teeth must be prepared, impressions taken, and the patient will usually need a temporary restoration while the new one if being fabricated. However, CAD/CAM technology allows our office and many others to create and place a ceramic crown in one visit.
- True. A common same day visit, a checkup allows the dentist to look at your teeth and gums and identify the possible warning signs of a problem. We can then treat the issue before it progresses. Oral cancer, gum disease, and cavities are all problems we can discover during a thorough checkup.
- True. Along with a checkup we may perform a cleaning in the same visit. Using a manual tool or an ultrasonic scaler, we will remove plaque buildup. No matter how well you brush and floss, only a cleaning can remove plaque completely.