“Can you repair my smile in a day?” You may not believe it at first, but we actually can. Using CAD/CAM technology, our team can create and place a custom-made dental restoration in a single day. This means fewer visits, no temporary restorations, and you enjoy a fully restored smile in a single visit.
Single Day Dental Care Quiz
- True or False: A damaged tooth can lead to serious problems.
- True or False: A toothache may be a sign you need treatment.
- True or False: CEREC can allow the doctor to place a crown in a day.
- True or False: A crown can restore your smile.
- True. If a tooth becomes cracked or chipped you may have difficulty eating or feel self-conscious about your appearance. In addition, the layers of dentin beneath the enamel can become exposed to bacteria, boosting the risk of developing tooth decay, gum disease, or even an infection.
- True. Often pain in your tooth or sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures may the first warning sign that you need a restoration. If you have discomfort that persists for more than 48 hours please contact a dental professional immediately. The problem can be diagnosed and a solution recommended.
- True. Before, receiving a crown meant two to three visits and up to two weeks of wearing a temporary. However, CEREC allows the dentist to prepare the tooth, take digital impressions, and upload the information into a CEREC computer. There, the restoration will be designed and the CEREC machine will mill the restoration from a solid block of ceramic. In the same visit the restoration will be placed with a powerful bonding agent.
- True. A crown acts as a cap that completely covers the visible parts of your tooth. This protects the remaining structure from further decay or infection and allows you to eat and smile with confidence.