Do you look in the mirror and ask yourself, “Why are my teeth yellow?” A variety of factors can lead to stained teeth. Fortunately, we can address discoloration with professional teeth whitening. In addition, there are steps you can take to reduce the severity of teeth stains.
Teeth Whitening Quiz
- True or False: Our foods and drinks can cause stains.
- True or False: There are many other possible causes of discoloration.
- True or False: You can help prevent teeth stains.
- True or False: We offer professional teeth whitening.
- True. When you eat foods high in sugars and other starches, you may develop plaque buildup that makes discoloration more likely. In addition, drinks that contain dark pigments, such as soda, tea, red wine, and coffee, can lead to the onset of teeth stains.
- True. Other causes of discoloration include certain medications, fluorosis, trauma, age, and tobacco use.
- True. To reduce the severity of future stains you should cut back on foods and drinks that contain sugar and other starches and have dark pigments. In addition, we recommend you stop sing tobacco products. Finally, you should maintain good oral hygiene habits. This includes brushing your teeth twice daily, flossing regularly, and having your teeth professionally cleaned at least twice a year.
- True. Our professional system combines at-home and in-office methods to improve the appearance of your smile. First, you come to the office for an initial treatment. We will send you home with a set of trays and a bleaching gel. Each day you will wear he gel-filled trays for a set amount of time. After about two weeks you will return for one final office treatment. You may be able to enjoy a smile brightened by multiple shades.
ABOUT YOUR ROCHESTER, MN COSMETIC DENTISTS:
Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry offer expert services including teeth whitening, Six Month Smiles, Invisalign, root canals, and pediatric dentistry. To schedule a consultation, please call (507) 218-8936. Dr. Gilly Calcagno and Dr. Kara Heimer welcome and serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, Austin, and the surrounding communities.