“I have misalignment, now what?” A common question we’ve heard posed a variety of different ways. How do we fix crooked and crowded smiles? Without treatment, uneven teeth can lead to a whole host of oral health issues, including cavities, gum disease, bruxism, and TMJ disorder. Fortunately, we offer two esthetically pleasing solutions to misalignment.
Try Our Smile Correction Quiz
- True or False: Invisalign doesn’t use metal braces.
- True or False: Both teens and adults qualify for clear braces.
- True or False: Six Month Smiles corrects smiles in a matter of months.
- True or False: We can recommend this procedure for this with minor alignment issues.
- True. Instead of placing brackets on the teeth and connecting them with an arch wire, the patient simply wears a series of clear plastic aligners. Over time, they correct alignment but must be worn daily between 20 and 23 hours. You can remove them before meals or special occasions.
- True. We recommend this procedure for people over the age of 16 who have minor alignment issues. Adults may need up to a year to obtain optimal results. However, teen patients may need up to 18 months to correct misalignment.
- True. The Six Month Smiles system uses clear brackets and tooth-colored arch wires to correct alignment issues in three to six months. Patients also experience a more comfortable treatment period when compared to traditional orthodontics.
- True. As with Invisalign, we recommend this option for those 15 and older that have minor alignment issues. We will need to examine your teeth and decide if either of our clear braces options will best address your misalignment. If you have any questions about either treatment option then please contact our office today.
ABOUT YOUR ROCHESTER, MN COSMETIC DENTISTS:
Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry offer expert services including teeth whitening, Six Month Smiles, Invisalign, root canals, and pediatric dentistry. To schedule a consultation, please call (507) 218-8936. Dr. Gilly Calcagno and Dr. Kara Heimer welcome and serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, Austin, and the surrounding communities.