During the month of June we will be joining many other dental practices in celebrating National Smile Month. We want to raise awareness about the simple steps you can take to improve both the health and beauty of your smile. From routine homecare to thorough dental cleanings, we can help you improve your oral health.
National Smile Month Quiz
- True or False: A toothache can mean you require treatment.
- True or False: Your daily habits can influence your oral health.
- True or False: Our office provides thorough checkups and cleanings.
- True or False: We can improve your smile appearance with cosmetic treatment.
- True. Any sudden discomfort in your teeth means something has changed. Tooth sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures or a chronic toothache may signal the presence of decay or even infection. To prevent a problem from progressing or leading to the loss of a tooth, always see your dentist when you first notice discomfort.
- True. How often do you brush or floss? In order to keep your smile healthy you need to brush twice a day for two minutes per session. You also need to floss on either side of every tooth before going to bed at night. In addition, you need to be aware of what you eat and drink. Foods and drinks high in sugar and other starches can increase the risk of developing tooth decay and other oral health issues.
- True. To find out how healthy your smile is simply schedule a visit. We can perform a checkup using digital x-rays and intraoral cameras to gather a clear and precise picture of your oral health. In order to remove plaque and reduce the chances of developing cavities or gum disease we can also perform a thorough dental cleaning.
- True. If you have stained or damaged teeth, we can address these issues with cosmetic dentistry. Call today for a free cosmetic consultation.
ABOUT YOUR ROCHESTER, MN FAMILY DENTISTS:
Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry offer expert services including teeth whitening, Six Month Smiles, Invisalign, root canals, and pediatric dentistry. To schedule a consultation, please call (507) 218-8936. Dr. Gilly Calcagno and Dr. Kara Heimer welcome and serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, Austin, and the surrounding communities.