While teens may be embarrassed about their uneven smiles, few are eager to correct the issue with metal braces. Fortunately, an alternative to traditional braces may be available for your teen. Invisalign employs clear plastic aligners to address misalignment instead of metal brackets and wires. Do all teens qualify for Invisalign?
Rochester, MN Invisalign for Teens Quiz
- True or False: We recommend this for teens with minor alignment problems.
- True or False: Younger patients may require a longer treatment period.
- True or False: There are features that allow the dentist and parents to monitor usage.
- True or False: Addressing misalignment can improve oral health.
- True. Patients over the age of 15 who have minor alignment problems are the best candidates for Invisalign. More serious malocclusion may require traditional orthodontics. To see if this is the best option for you take advantage of our free cosmetic consultation. The doctor will use digital x-rays to assess your misalignment.
- True. On average, adults require about a year for optimal results. Since teens are still growing, they may need up to 18 months for smile correction. While longer than treatment for adults, this is still shorter then the almost two years most orthodontic treatments require.
- True. Each of the aligners will have a blue dot on the end that wears away over time. Parents and the doctor can then make sure they are being worn properly.
- True. Uneven teeth can provide hiding places for food particles and bacteria that brushing and flossing may not reach. This can lead to an increased risk of tooth decay and gum disease. In addition, misalignment can place strain on the jaw joints, boosting the chances of developing TMJ disorder or bruxism.
ABOUT YOUR ROCHESTER MN COSMETIC DENTISTS:
Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry offer expert services including dental implants, Six Month Smiles, pediatric dentistry, root canals, and teeth whitening in Rochester MN. To contact us, please call (507) 218-8936. Dr. Gilly Calcagno and Dr. Kara Heimer welcome and serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, Austin, and the surrounding communities.