What if we told you we could restore a tooth in just a single visit? In most cases receiving a dental crown or similar restoration requires at least two visits, as well as a period of wearing a temporary crown. However, our office employs CEREC technology to offer this same service in just one visit. To find out more try our CEREC crown quiz.
CEREC Crown Quiz in Rochester, MN
- True or False: We must first prepare your tooth and take digital impressions.
- True or False: We will create the restoration from a solid block of ceramic.
- True or False: A restoration can be used to address a number of different issues.
- True or False: Your new restoration will be long lasting.
- True. Preparation involves removing a small amount of structure to make room for the new restoration. Using an intraoral camera we will then take images of the tooth. A 3D model of the tooth is created to design the restoration. We upload this model into the CEREC machine to fabricate your new dental crown.
- True. We create them from a solid block of ceramic. This material looks natural, reflecting light in a similar manner as tooth enamel. In addition, the material is able to withstand bite forces and is stain-resistant, ensuring a lifelike restoration.
- True. We may place one to repair a chipped, cracked, or decayed tooth. In addition, we can use one to anchor a dental bridge into place to complete a dental implant.
- True. With the proper care your crown can last for decades. We recommend brushing and flossing regularly, as well as having your teeth examined and cleaned twice a year. If you have any questions, contact our office today.
ABOUT YOUR ROCHESTER MN COSMETIC DENTISTS:
Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry offer expert services including dental implants, Six Month Smiles, pediatric dentistry, root canals, and teeth whitening in Rochester MN. To Contact us, please call (507) 218-8936. Dr. Gilly Calcagno and Dr. Kara Heimer welcome and serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, Austin, and the surrounding communities.