Despite their boasts, over-the-counter brightening systems rarely offer the same dramatic results as professional whitening options. People who use store bought options also often complain about teeth sensitivity after use. This leaves people asking: “What are my teeth whitening options?” At Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry, we offer a few options for removing unsightly teeth stains.
Rochester, MN Teeth Whitening Options
- True or False: KoR Whitening uses trays to remove discoloration.
- True or False: Veneers can mask permanent teeth stains.
- True or False: Dental bonding can often be used to mask discoloration.
- True or False: We offer a free cosmetic consultation.
- True. The first part involves an office treatment. We will then take impressions of your teeth in order to create a set of whitening trays. Each day you will fill the tray with the bleaching gel and wear it for a certain amount of time. After a week to ten days you will come back to the office for one final in-office treatment.
- True. Veneers are restorations in the form of thin shells of porcelain. When placed onto the front of the teeth they can instantly transform the appearance of the smile. We often use them to mask permanent teeth stains that traditional whitening doesn’t address.
- True. With dental bonding we apply several layers of composite material to the tooth. We can use this to build up lost structure or address other issues with the tooth’s shape. This can also be a cost-effective solution for masking teeth stains.
- True. To get started on the road toward a beautiful smile you need a consultation. For new patients we currently offer a free cosmetic consultation. We will examine your teeth and decide which procedure will best address your discoloration.
ABOUT YOUR ROCHESTER MN DENTISTS:
Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry offer expert services including dental implants, Six Month Smiles, pediatric dentistry, root canals, and teeth whitening in Rochester MN. To schedule a consultation, please call (507) 218-8936. Dr. Gilly Calcagno and Dr. Kara Heimer welcome and serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, Austin, and the surrounding communities.