Discoloration can cause unsightly brown or yellow stains to form on the surface of the teeth. Soon, you may be hesitant to show your smile and even find yourself asking: “How do I fight teeth stains?” At Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry our team offers a number of options for removing discoloration and improving the beauty of your smile.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Rochester, MN Quiz
- True or False: Drinks with dark pigments can cause discoloration.
- True or False: Smoking can lead to stains.
- True or False: You can reduce discoloration with good oral habits.
- True or False: We offer at-home teeth whitening.
- True. When you consume drinks that contain dark pigments, such as coffee, soda, tea, and red wine you can cause discoloration to appear on your teeth. We recommend cutting back on these drinks to reduce the appearance of strains.
- True. When you smoke you can discolor your teeth. However, smoking can also cause other more serious complications, including a higher risk of developing dry mouth, gum disease, or even oral cancer.
- True. To keep smile bright between whitening appointments, we recommend taking good care of your smile. Brushing your teeth daily and flossing can remove food particles and harmful bacteria, both of which can lead to stains. A thorough dental cleaning twice a year can also allow the dentist to remove plaque and polish your teeth.
- True. You can whiten your smile at home and receive truly professional results. First, we will take impressions of your teeth to create a set of whitening trays. We will then prescribe a bleaching gel. Each day you will fill the tray with the gel and wear it for a set amount of time. In about a week to ten days you can obtain professional results.
ABOUT YOUR ROCHESTER MN COSMETIC DENTISTS:
Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry offer expert services including dental implants, Six Month Smiles, pediatric dentistry, root canals, and teeth whitening in Rochester MN. To schedule a consultation, please call (507) 218-8936. Dr. Gilly Calcagno and Dr. Kara Heimer welcome and serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, Austin, and the surrounding communities.