When you need to replace one or more missing teeth, you need a lifelike and strong prosthesis. We often recommend dental implants to help return smiles to full function and health. At Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry, we offer replacement teeth that have a number of benefits. Let’s look at five advantages of dental implants.
Rochester MN Dental Implant Advantages
- Replacing Lost Teeth: When you lose a tooth, you run the risk of developing facial collapse and misalignment. In order to maintain optimal oral health you need to restore lost teeth. Dental implants allow our team to replace these teeth and improve the beauty of your smile.
- Preventing Jawbone Loss: When you lose a tooth the body registers the missing tooth root and responds by stopping the flow of calcium and phosphorus to surrounding jawbone tissue. The tissue will then deteriorate, leading to an aged appearance and further tooth loss. However, implants are accepted as natural roots, preventing the loss of jawbone density.
- Long Lasting: On average, they can be expected to last for 25 years. In some cases, they have been known to last even longer. To keep your new teeth strong you simply need to maintain good oral hygiene, which includes brushing, flossing, and undergoing thorough dental cleanings twice a year.
- Natural Appearance: The restorations that top the prosthesis are fabricated from a solid block of porcelain. The result is a new tooth that looks completely natural and blends seamlessly with your smile.
- Can Secure Fixed Prostheses: Dentures require natural suction or adhesive to be held in place. They can often slip when you eat or speak. In order to enjoy a fixed prosthesis that doesn’t slip, you can secure dentures with multiple dental implants.
ABOUT YOUR ROCHESTER MN FAMILY DENTISTS:
Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry offer expert services including dental implants, Six Month Smiles, pediatric dentistry, root canals, and teeth whitening in Rochester MN. To schedule a consultation, please call (507) 218-8936. Dr. Gilly Calcagno and Dr. Kara Heimer welcome and serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, Austin, and the surrounding communities.