Trauma or advanced decay can compromise the integrity of your tooth. Without treatment, your tooth runs the risk of developing an infection or even requiring extraction. Fortunately, we can repair a damaged tooth with a natural looking dental crown. What does this process involve? Do I need a crown?
Rochester, MN CEREC Quiz
- True or False: A crown can repair broken teeth.
- True or False: We can use a restoration to replace lost teeth.
- True or False: Our restorations are made from lifelike materials.
- True or False: We can fabricate and place a restoration in one visit.
- True. When a tooth becomes broken, a filling or dental bonding may not be enough to repair it. By placing a crown, you protect what tooth structure remains while preventing further decay or infection. The tooth can then endure bite forces and allow the patient to eat and speak without discomfort.
- True. In many cases, a restoration can aid in the replacement of a lost tooth. In many cases, a dentist will use one to anchor a dental bridge in place. With a dental implant, a titanium implant post is inserted in the jawbone, where it acts as a replacement root. A crown is attached to replace the visible portion of the tooth.
- True. We offer metal-free options for restorations. Our crowns and veneers are fabricated using ceramic, a material that is stain-resistant and reflects light in a similar manner as natural enamel.
- True. Using CEREC technology, we can craft a restoration from a solid block of ceramic. We then place the new restoration during the same visit. No more needs for multiple visits or a interim period of wearing a temporary.
ABOUT YOUR ROCHESTER MN FAMILY DENTISTS:
Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry offer expert services including dental implants, Six Month Smiles, pediatric dentistry, root canals, and teeth whitening in Rochester MN. To schedule a consultation, please call (507) 218-8936. Dr. Gilly Calcagno and Dr. Kara Heimer welcome and serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, Austin, and the surrounding communities.