What happens when you loose most or all of your teeth? You may quickly develop difficulties eating or speaking, which can have negative impacts on your overall health. To provide a secure and lifelike solution to multiple tooth loss, we offer implant-retained dental prostheses. What are implant-retained dentures?
Rochester MN Implant-Retained Dentures Quiz
- True or False: Patients missing all of their teeth may need dentures.
- True or False: Dental implants are placed directly into the jawbone.
- True or False: We can use implants to secure dentures.
- True or False: Implant dentures never slip.
- True. Dentures replace all of the teeth on one or both arches. They are removable and held in place with natural suction and/or an adhesive. We take impressions of your mouth to create your prosthesis, which will consist of artificial teeth on an acrylic base designed to mimic the appearance of gum tissue.
- True. With dental implants, a titanium post is surgically inserted into the jawbone. This material is biocompatible, so the body accepts the post as a natural tooth root and bonds with it. The post is then topped with a restoration. On average, implants offer up to 25 years of quality smile improvement.
- True. For a fixed alternative to traditional prostheses, six to eight implant posts will be anchored into each arch. Once the area heals, the prosthesis will be snapped onto the posts.
- True. One of the benefits of fixed tooth replacement is that they will never slip during meals or when the patient is speaking. In addition, they will require fewer adjustments and will last longer than the removable alternative. If you have any questions, we urge you to contact our office today.
ABOUT YOUR ROCHESTER MN FAMILY DENTISTS:
Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry offer expert services including dental implants, Six Month Smiles, pediatric dentistry, root canals, and teeth whitening in Rochester MN. To schedule a consultation, please call (507) 218-8936. Dr. Gilly Calcagno and Dr. Kara Heimer welcome and serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, Austin, and the surrounding communities.