Tooth decay not only causes uncomfortable symptoms, but may eventually compromise the integrity of your tooth. To avoid advanced decay or infection, you need to address cavities in the earliest stages. At Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry, we offer cavity detection. What is cavity detection? Try our fun quiz below to find out more.
Rochester MN Cavity Detection Quiz
- True or False: We use advanced technologies to identify cavities.
- True or False: Regular checkups allow our team to watch for signs of decay.
- True or False: We can place metal-free fillings.
- True or False: We offer same-day dentistry.
- True. With DIAGNOdent, we employ dental lasers to uncover signs of decay in the earliest stages. We can also use digital x-rays and intraoral cameras to look for cavities. In addition, we still use manual tools in the search for decay.
- True. Identifying cavities in the earliest stages helps prevent the onset of infection or possible abscess. Adults and children should have their teeth thoroughly examined by a dentist at least once every six months. In addition to tooth decay, we can watch for the early warning signs of gum disease, oral cancer, and other oral health issues.
- True. What happens when we discover a cavity? In most cases, we will place a dental filling. A one-visit treatment, fillings restore teeth and prevent the spread of decay or infection. We create our fillings from composite resin, a lifelike material that contains no metal.
- True. In the event that the decay is advanced enough a filling alone won’t repair the tooth, we may suggest a crown. At one point, crowns required at least two visits for placement. With CEREC, we can create and place a crown in just one visit.
ABOUT YOUR ROCHESTER MN GENERAL DENTISTS:
Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry offer expert services including dental implants, Six Month Smiles, pediatric dentistry, root canals, and teeth whitening in Rochester MN. To schedule a consultation, please call (507) 218-8936. Dr. Gilly Calcagno and Dr. Kara Heimer welcome and serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, Austin, and the surrounding communities.