Did you know that losing even a single tooth can have major negative consequences for your oral health? Few people understand the dangers of missing teeth. To maintain a healthy and beautiful smile, you must replace your lost teeth as soon as possible. Fortunately, a number of options exist for returning smiles to full function and health.
Missing Teeth Quiz
- True or False: You may lose additional teeth.
- True or False: You may develop an aged appearance.
- True or False: Dental bridges can replace one or more teeth.
- True or False: Dental implants offer an advanced and lifelike solution.
- True. When you lose a tooth the body stops sending doses of calcium and phosphorus the surrounding jawbone. Without these key nutrients, the bone actually dissolves, which can lead to tooth loss. The adjacent teeth can also start drifting to the empty gap in the smile, causing misalignment. Since uneven teeth make brushing and flossing difficult, the resulting risk of decay and gum disease can also lead to missing teeth.
- True. When the jawbone dissolves as a result of tooth loss, the face structure can change. Patients can develop sunken cheeks, ptotic chin, and general facial collapse, causing a much older appearance.
- True. A common solution for tooth loss involves placing a dental bridge. With this option, replacement teeth are anchored in place with dental crowns, replacing one or more teeth in a row.
- True. Dental implants are inserted directly into the jawbone, stimulating jawbone growth and offering a secure replacement option. You maintain your youthful visage and receive a new tooth that looks and functions like a natural one. If you have any questions, please contact our office today.
ABOUT YOUR ROCHESTER MN RESTORATIVE DENTISTS:
Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry offer expert services including dental implants, Six Month Smiles, pediatric dentistry, root canals, and teeth whitening in Rochester MN. To schedule a consultation, please call (507) 218-8936. Dr. Gilly Calcagno and Dr. Kara Heimer welcome and serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, Austin, and the surrounding communities.