Dental implants replace every part of a tooth, including the root, providing a secure and completely lifelike replacement option that can last for decades. However, are dental implants for everyone? In order to benefit from this unique and innovative prosthesis, you need to have good oral health.
Dental Implant Quiz
- True or False: You must have lost one or more teeth.
- True or False: Implants can secure a dental prosthesis.
- True or False: You must have gums free of disease.
- True or False: You need an adequate amount of jawbone tissue.
- True. Dental implants are designed to help those who have lost teeth, whether one or multiple. We can exam your smile and assess the cause and severity of your tooth loss to make sure this is the best option for completing your smile.
- True. In addition to offering single tooth replacement, we can place multiple implant posts to anchor a dental prosthesis into place. Dental bridges and even full sets of dentures can be secured with an implant, offering a fixed, lifelike, and long lasting alternative to traditional dental prostheses.
- True. When you have advanced gum disease, which is also known as periodontitis, then you may experience loose teeth or even adult tooth loss. Missing teeth develop because the disease causes the connective tissue between the teeth and gums to dissolve. Since implants bond with jawbone tissue in a similar manner as natural teeth, periodontal disease can cause failure. You must have healthy gum tissue.
- True. The jawbone tissue must be able to secure the implant post and help it stay anchored in place. To accomplish this, there must be a certain amount of jawbone tissue available.
ABOUT YOUR ROCHESTER MN FAMILY DENTISTS:
Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry offer expert services including dental implants, Six Month Smiles, pediatric dentistry, root canals, and teeth whitening in Rochester MN. To schedule a consultation, please call (507) 218-8936. Dr. Gilly Calcagno and Dr. Kara Heimer welcome and serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, Austin, and the surrounding communities.