Why do our teeth become discolored over time? What causes teeth stains? Understanding the factors behind the yellow or brown stains that form on your teeth is the first step towards removing them. At Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry, we offer a number of cosmetic dentistry treatment options to brighten teeth.
Teeth Whitening Quiz
- True or False: The foods and drinks we consume can cause discoloration.
- True or False: Certain medications can cause stains.
- True or False: We offer multiple whitening options.
- True or False: Patients can enjoy a free cosmetic consultation.
- True. Surface stains, also known as extrinsic discoloration, are often the result of foods high in sugar and drinks that contain dark pigments, such as tea, soda, coffee, and red wine. Smoking can also dull the appearance of your teeth.
- True. Discoloration that forms underneath the outer enamel is referred to as intrinsic. This type is often caused by injury to the teeth, fluorosis, and the use of certain medications, such as tetracycline.
- True. For removing extrinsic stains, we offer KoR Whitening. Patients receive a set of custom-made trays, which are filled with a bleaching gel and worn each day for set amount of time. Optimal results take between a week and ten days. For intrinsic stains, we can mask them by placing veneers over the surface of the teeth. Made from porcelain, veneers look natural, are stain resistant, and provide long lasting restoration.
- True. We offer our patients a free cosmetic consultation. Our doctors will carefully exam your teeth and assess the cause and severity of your discoloration. We can then recommend the most appropriate cosmetic solution. If you have any questions, please contact our office today.
ABOUT YOUR ROCHESTER MN GENERAL DENTISTS:
Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry offer expert services including dental implants, Six Month Smiles, pediatric dentistry, root canals, and teeth whitening in Rochester MN. To schedule a consultation, please call (507) 218-8936. Dr. Gilly Calcagno and Dr. Kara Heimer welcome and serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, Austin, and the surrounding communities.